Indien solliciteer direct u verwijst naar een ongeldig webadres, is de vacature waarschijnlijk inmiddels vervuld.
Attendeer FMF hierop
Operations Director Africa
In the position of Africa Operations Director you will explore opportunities in the field of Operations for the Nutreco organisation. You will also actively lead the Manufacturing & Supply Chain organisation
Het bedrijf / The company
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
De functie / The role
The Africa Operations Director is part of the Global Operations Team of Trouw Nutrition and Africa Cluster team. He/She will lead Operations in Africa in order to drive Operational compliance, performance & and plans to support business needs and ambition.
He/She will implement in Africa core priority programs as per Nutreco standards programs:
Compliance: Safety, Quality, Regulatory & internal audit
Operational Excellence to drive lowest unit cost
S&OP to drive customer service and satisfaction while optimizing Working capital and asset use
Footprint project of all product lines in ECAM from design to business case to implementation
People: Development of teams, talent management & succession plan
The role reports to the Africa MD & dotted to Trouw Nutrition Global Operations Director. Location for the role can be flexible within Europe or Africa.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
• Accountable for all operation aspects based on the SQCDME approach: Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation & Environment;
• Introduction, follow-up, tracking & Improvement of the Nutreco Operation Excellence Programme (lean, KPI’s and productivity assessment) and productivity (FFG program) achievement in Operations
• Implementation of the Supply Chain function (including S&OP) & practices in the regional (cluster) and local organizations up to an Integrated Business Planning
• Be part of sourcing footprint and M&As
• Oversee capex in Africa, mainly on growth in Fish and Animal nutrition.
• Business Owner for Supply Chain IT tools;
• Support the Country Organization Blue Print;
• People management; succession planning preparation; talent management;
• Priority setting and objectives establishment with Cluster managing Director and Country General Managers;
• Member of the Africa cluster team;
• Member of the Global Operations management team and leader on had doc pan-operation team.
You, as the ideal candidate, have:
• Education at Bachelor / Master degree in relevant area (animal nutrition, engineering, science or supply chain);
• Deep Manufacturing & Supply Chain experiences;
• Willing to take an organization (globally) on the next level by applying Safety and Operational Excellence Programmes
• Able to “smoothly” disrupt status-co and take decisive steps
• Agile with numbers (financials) and KPI’s.
Het profiel / Your profile
• Strong leadership skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Business awareness (organisational & cross functional);
• Concern for Excellence;
• Fluent in English (in writing and verbally) - additional European language is a plus;
• Can adapt communication according to local contexts;
• Willing to travel internationally.
Het aanbod / The offer
We offer you:
• Working in an international organisation which is an innovative global leader in animal nutrition;
• A very interesting position with multi-dimensional and multi-disciplinary challenges;
• Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities;
• Exposure, due to the multitude of contacts with people in operating companies, Clusters and Corporate;
• Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in projects for implementing solutions in close cooperation with key-stakeholders;
• A competitive salary package with attractive benefits;